- William Parker/Sunday Morning March/Scrapbook
- Thelonious Monk/Misterioso/Misterioso
- Steve Lacy and Eric Watson/Goodbye Pork Pie Hat/Spirit of Mingus
- Rob Garcia Quartet/Perennial/Perennial
- Joe Henderson/Y Todavia La Quiero/Relaxin' at Camarillo
- David Murray/India/Octet Plays Trane
- Chico Freeman/Infant Eyes/The Unspoken Word
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Recent Live365 Program
My Live365 program has about ten hours of jazz on it now. I haven't had the time/energy to post a complete play list here, but I will try to list new stuff as I add it. Here is what went up this week:
That's a pretty good slice of music. Most of it is relatively unknown. The William Parker album is a "violin trio" with Parker on bass, Hamid Drake on drums, and Billy Bang on violin. It gives the album a classical touch but the arrangements are a range of African American roots music. The Steve Lacy/Eric Watson album is what you get when you get a Steve Lacy duet.
I am still rather possessed by the DKV Trio albums I posted about earlier. This is certainly the most captivating free jazz I have ever heard.