Thursday, July 24, 2008

In The Groove Does Jazz Note

My dear friend and Jazz Note contributor Ken Laster has devoted on of his In The Groove radio shows to this blog. I could not be more grateful. In The Groove has been a vital part of my jazz experience since first I discovered it. I believe I have listened to every show available online.

As I have noted before, Ken has sold a lot of jazz. I estimate that I have purchased about 50 discs after hearing a sample on ITG. This is especially true of recent jazz, which is surprisingly hard to sample in the contemporary environment.

I am trying to do the same service to the music I love by means of this blog. I offer the occasional sample, so that readers will have some idea of what I am talking about. If you like the samples, buy the discs.

Thanks, Ken. One of these days I am going to get up your way. Dinner's on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment